Strength development is not just about building muscle mass or developing definition. There are many important components that contribute to the overall development of strength. A successful fitness program should include a balance of cardio, strength, and flexibility training.
TRAINING STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
#4 Keep Improving
Achieving success is rewarding. It provides a validation that all your hard efforts were worth the time invested. But just because you achieved success, this is all the more reason to keep going and achieve even more than you did before.
Know that self-improvement doesn’t have to be over-the-top changes. It can be simple steps to improve upon what you’ve already accomplished. Just BE Consistent, Stay Determined, and be Willing to try things that challenge you along the way.
A question to ask yourself, do you want to be great, or do you want to be comfortable?
THE BULLET PROOF PLAN REVIEW
The bullet proof plan is designed to train a specific muscle group on separate days (a split routine) to achieve a Stronger YOU! The plan is laid out in a 5 part blog series that include muscle specific workouts along with helpful strategies to achieve your goals.
Aim to perform this plan on a 5 day split throughout the week and commit to it for approximately 3-4 weeks to notice improvements.
Here’s the Bullet Proof Plan layout:
Part 1: Legs
Part 2: Upper Body
Part 3: Core
Part 4: Total Body Cardio Strength
Part 5: Active Stretch
Please refer back to the previous blogs if you happened to miss them and start the program from the beginning.
TOTAL BODY CARDIO STRENGTH WORKOUT
Get ready to strengthen, condition, and sweat it out with this total body cardio strength workout! This workout combines cardio and strength exercises for a total body burner.
Accessories: Squat Stand, Cables
• High Incline (adjust to accommodate strength level)
• Squat Stand Attached
• Perform your own dynamic warm-up to prepare your muscles for the workout.
• The exercises are grouped into 3 cardio/ strength interval sets.
• Execute each exercise with proper form and control.
• Rep range and number of sets will vary depending on your strength goal.
• For example:
• To achieve muscle mass, perform 8-10 reps/ exercise, 3 sets
• For muscle toning, perform 20 reps/ exercise, 1-2 sets
CARDIO + STRENGTH MOVES
Interval 1 : attach squat stand
1. Jump Squats
2. Alternating Single Leg Jump Squats
3. Reverse Lunge (right & left legs)
*REMOVE SQUAT STAND*
4. Incline or Decline (advanced) Push-up
REPEAT 2 SETS
Interval 2: connect cables
1. Side-Side Squats (floor or GB) (advanced +plyo hop)
2. Torso Rotation (right side)
3. Surfer Row
4. Bicep Roll Down
5. Torso Rotation (left side)
REPEAT 2 SETS
Interval 3: cables
1. Repeaters (right & left legs)
2. Incline Mt. Climbers (closed GB)
3. Supine Lat Raises
4. Pullover Crunch
REPEAT 2 SETS
Be sure to check out the video demo to see how these cardio and strength exercises are performed on your Total Gym to become the STRONGER YOU!
Stay tuned for Part 5, Active Stretches, to conclude the Bullet Proof Plan for a Stronger YOU!
Embrace the challenge,
All Social Media: @groovysweat